Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wings prepare for Yorkton!



With only three days left until the regular season begins, the Weyburn Red Wings have been continuing to practice hard and mentally prepare for another tough season in the Sherwood Conference. I caught up with Red Wing Veteran’s Michael Seib, Kyle Haines and Preston Shupe before their morning skate to see how things look for the season opener on Friday.

TK: Are you ready to face off versus the Yorkton Terriers on Friday?

Kyle Haines: Yah, I can’t wait, I have been looking forward to it all summer. Yorkton always puts on a big show at home so hopefully we can come out and put a damper on things.

TK: With you being expected to be a leader defensively how do you feel training camp went for you personally?

Kyle Haines: I felt strong out there being a 20 year old. I wanted to do more offensively but I though I was in the play well and moved the puck real good. Hopefully I can just improve every game.

TK: How does the 2007/08 Red Wings team look this year?

Michael Seib: The team looks real good. We have a great bunch of strong new skaters and the returning guys are looking real good on the ice. It should be a good year all around.

TK: What challenges are you going to face out their on opening night?

Preston Shupe: We just have a lot of new faces so everyone will want to get those early jitters out. Everyone is gonna be pumped up to go out their and play but we have to get used to one another. Once that happens then all the other things will start clicking!

-Troy K

0 Comments: