Thursday, September 13, 2007

Former Wing To Join Radio Crew This Year!

AM1190 will have a new radio crew this year as Wayne Lazar joins as the new color commentator. Lazar is the father of Red Wings defenseman Ian Lazar. He has previous broadcasting experience and will be a welcome addition to the broadcasts. I wish Wayne all the best and know he will do an outstanding job. I look forward to listening to your insights on the game and your past experiences as a player.

I would like to thank everyone for all the nice comments regarding our broadcasts from this past season. I will miss calling the games tremendously as it even played a part in me moving back to Weyburn in the first place. I hope to be involved with broadcasts this season in some capacity with visiting radio stations and possibly Access Communications.

-Brad M.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I am looking forward to calling the games with Wayne this year.

Wayne is a very intelligent man and his hockey knowledge knows no bounds so it should be a smooth transition for me.

That being said, it will be different in the braodcast booth without Brad.

He and I have been doing games for the past 3 seasons and it made my job so easy with Brad's knowledge of the SJHL to just focus on doing play by play.

Brad, I wish you the best and hopefully see you in a broadcast booth in the future.

Kevin Smith, play by play for the Weyburn Red Wings.