Monday, September 17, 2007

Wings get ready for the road!

Well as you know the Red Wings have started off the season a perfect 2 and 0, so I caught up with some of the boys before their afternoon practice and discussed how the past week went and how they feel the road trip up north is going to go.

TK: You have a nice 2 and 0 start to the season and things are looking good, but how has the team been clicking and what do you think the team needs to improve on?

Stephen Simms: The team did a good job of passing the puck around, I think we all clicked as a team, skated hard, used our size to our advantage and threw our weight around to create some scoring chances, we just have to keep doing that.

TK: Humbolt and Melfort are some tough competition coming up, what do you have to do to keep them on their toes and be effective against them?

Stephen Simms: We have to be physical and set the tone on the road. We just have to play our game, pass the puck, use our speed to our advantage and get the puck on the net because both teams have great goaltending.

TK: You had two strong starts seeing plenty of shots last week, how have you been feeling in the pipes and and what would you like to improve on?

Kyle McConnell: It felt good to get those wins, but the biggest thing has been to focus for 60 minutes. It only takes one bad shift to let a goal in. Preparation plays a key role in focusing. I have some pre-game rituals that I like to do to calm me down, like taping my stick the same way, shower before a game and things like that just to calm me down before a game.

TK: Are you looking forward to facing Humbolt and Melfort, who are both expected to be some stiff competition?

Kyle McConnell: Personally I have never played them, I am looking forward to it because I know they have had very good teams in the past and again this year. The next few games will show us how our team can compete and what we are really made of.

TK: How did it feel to notch your first goal with the Red Wings?

Torrey Lindsay: It felt pretty good to get that goal. It definitely happened a lot quicker than last year.

TK: Describe the goal for me.

Torrey Lindsay: It was really just a bangers goal. The puck hit my leg, then hit the ice and I whacked it in out of the air. It was nice to get that goal because before that I had about three or four good chances to get one.

TK: How do you feel you are fitting in with the Red Wings this year?

Torrey Lindsay: Things are going good, my line mates have been great. It has been great to play with Smale, he is fast, a great playmaker and I think we have been working well together. Calibaba is also awesome to play with, he is a big strong guy who opens up the ice for us and hopefully we can keep it going

-Troy K

0 Comments: