Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kyle's Comments


I caught up with Captain Kyle Haines yesterday, just before the afternoon skate and right before he was announced as this week's SJHL Defenceman of the week. Here is what he had to say about his play on the weekend and what the team has to do versus Flin Flon on Friday.

TK: You had a break out night offensively versus Yorkton last Friday night, were you waiting for a game like this to happen?

Kyle Haines: I was hoping it would happen soon. I just put the puck on the net and my forwards banged in the rebounds for me during the game.

TK: Has wearing the ‘C’ for the Wings put any added pressure on you to perform this season?

Haines: Certainly there are expectations that come with the letter on my jersey. I am trying to meet those expectations and try to contribute each and every game. I am feeling more and more confident in my game and hope to get better as
I progress.

TK: How are you preparing for Friday’s game with the week off?

Haines: I am gonna get some rest, keep my focus, work hard at practice and make sure I am prepared mentally for the game.

TK: Prediction time, What’s going to be the score versus Flin Flon on Friday?

Haines: If we play our best, stay out of the penalty box and shut down their top line we can definitely beat them. I am going to say 4-2 for us.

- Troy Kramm

0 Comments: