Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks!


I would just like to extend my thanks to the Weyburn Red Wings organization for nominating me for the Media of the Year Award. I had no idea they nominated me for this until receiving a call form Dwight McMillan yesterday morning.

It is a great honour to win this award especially since I have been doing this just for the fun of it and was only hoping to get some more references and work experience to put on my resume.

I couldn't have got this award without the help of all the Red Wings players who have always been more than helpful during pictures as well as interviews. A huge thank you goes out to Tanya Pohl at the Red Wing office as she pretty much sets up anything I ask for. Also I can't forget the coaching staff especially Dwight McMillan who put his trust in me to get things going this year. I would also like to thank the board of directors and last but not least, I must say thank you to Brad McNeil. I have learned so much from him and he is always there if I need a hand with something. Next year we are getting Brad that award!

Anyway, that is enough from me. I will be posting some comments from the other award winners later today and will be at the game tonight to get some pictures of Dwight and the players with their awards. Hopefully we can get some casual pics the next day with the guys and their awards.



- Troy K

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

congrdulations . i am pleased to see your time and efforts rewarded . thanks for all you do for the red wings .
edward leon istace

Anonymous said...

congrdulations . i am pleased to see your time and efforts rewarded . thanks for all you do for the red wings .
edward leon istace

Red Wings said...

Thanks Ed! I appreciate that. I am looking forward to helping work at the rink with you this weekend.

Troy K

Anonymous said...

Way to go Troy. Very well deserved award for all the hard work you do for the Wings.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Troy, way to do Milestone proud!!!!

Kevin Smith

Red Wings said...

Thanks Kevo, Us Milestone boys are trying, Rod Pedersen also gave me some credit on his blog as well. He gave me some tips and tricks to get things going.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Troy! You have done a great job. I also want to mention Brad McNeil & Kevin Smith. The games seem so much better when you guys broadcast them , it seems like we are there. We havn't missed a game and its not the same without you. Keep up the good work.

Newfoundland
Wings Fan

Anonymous said...

Yo mang, its your sister here, congrats!Thats super awesome and im very proud!

Anonymous said...

Congrat's job well done go Wings Go!!

Best Regards,

Brent Mann

http://www.shopgbg.com/10inone/brentmann