Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lindsay ready to be a Red Wing

With training camp starting on Friday the Red Wings should be arriving in Weyburn tomorrow while the hometown boys get mentally prepared to start another season.

I caught up with newly acquired Torrey Lindsay before he left his home in Gross Isle, MB to see how he feels about coming to play for the 2007/08 Red Wings.

Are you looking forward to playing with Weyburn this season?
TL: For sure, I am looking forward to playing with them big time!

What have you heard about the Red Wings organization and coach Dwight McMillan personally?
TL: Well I don’t know a lot personally but I have heard they are a great organization. I spoke with Brayden Melrose and he said it was a great place to go and the coaching is amazing.

What do you feel you can bring to the Red Wings this season?
TL: Definitely a little bit of speed and some play making abilities.

It’s been going around town that you are going to be a scoring threat this year and could be an offensive leader on the team, how do you feel about that?
TL: I just hope I can do what they ask of me this year. I had a tough season last year and I want to regain my form I had in midget AAA. I broke my ankle in an intersquad game last season that put me out for a month, then I was traded to Prince George and then to Ontario so I didn’t get a chance to really settle. Now I am feeling 100 per cent and I am ready to go.

Torrey will be arriving in Weyburn tomorrow and will be ready to gear up in the first day of training camp on Friday, August 31 at 9 a.m.

Remember, the public is welcome to come out and watch the boys skate so come on out and take a look.

Troy K

0 Comments: